Thursday, July 7, 2011

Kids Kayaking???

We just had our 2nd kayaking birthday party. Our daughter turned 7 and she wanted the same party she had last year. We rented the pavilion at Chena Lakes and brought our 4 kayaks. Then we let what ever kid that was willing, get in the kayak, by themselves, and try it out. Of course we made them where a life jacket, tied a rope to the kayak, and held onto the other end. So they won‘t float away. Some of the parents were slightly concerned. “Won’t they flip?” I heard. I have put about 20 kids into kayaks and I have yet to see a little kid flip a kayak. I have seen several adults. One of the kids kept putting her hand in the water in an effort to catch herself and still didn’t flip. I thought out of all the kids she would be the one. Even if she had flipped I would have walked out in the waist deep water, told he to stand up and put her back in and let her try again. Every kid came out of the kayak a little more confident and proud then they went in. They tried something new and different and they accomplished it. That was a good party!

No comments:

Post a Comment